Frequently Asked Questions...
- Q: How much does it cost for a site?
A: It depends on the equipment used:
- With remote Skyeye, the cost is $200 plus travel after the first hour.
- Full size helicopter or airplane is $200 plus flight time (portal to portal).
- Ground photos are $100 plus travel after the first hour.
Special: Ground photos are $85 when included with remote Skyeye shots.
- Q: What do I get for my money?
A: We provide you with 8-12 images, usually more. The images are high resolution and sent to you on a CD - with no further cost. If the shoot is done on film then you will receive 4x6 proofs - with no further costs.
- Q: How long does it take to get my site flown?
A: We usually fly full size helicopter and airplane during the week and
schedule remote helicopter shots during the weekends and every other Friday.
Ground shots are scheduled on all days. The weather is always a factor so you
will need to allow at least a week.
- Q: How do I order a job?
A: Send us:
- Site details, or site plan showing geographic North
- Your Purchase Order number if used
- Your delivery address
- Your phone number
- It is helpful to know the objectives of your photos
and your suggestions for shot angles.
- Q: How long does it take to get my photos?
A: We normally get your photos to you by US mail within 3-4 days of the shoot. We can overnight, just let us know when booking the job.
- Q: Why do you use a gyro?
A: Most photographers "hand hold" the camera so all motion from the aircraft is translated to the camera, the gyro allows the camera to sit stationary independent of the aircraft movement, the resulting pictures are much sharper.
- Q: Are there any restrictions on the use of the photos?
A: No, once you have paid for the photos, they're yours to scan, copy, etc.
- Q: Do you have a copyright release charge?
A: We do not charge for copyright release if you include photo credits
[Aerial Images (909) 882-8438] when you reproduce our images.
- Q: Can I get transparencies?
A: Yes, if you tell us when booking the job we will shoot on slide film.
We can produce slides from print film but the quality is not as good.
- Q: Can I get digital images?
A: Yes, we typically shoot in digital format, but can also convert film into digital files.
- Q: What does it cost for a really urgent job?
A: Rush jobs add 50%.
- Q: Can I book you for a particular event, day etc?
A: Yes, we do sports events, carnivals, rallies, shows etc for the
urgent rate of 50% over standard rate.
- Q: What size enlargements can I get?
A: We can enlarge to 20" x 30" and all sizes in between.
- Q: Do you mount and frame photos?
A: Yes we have foam and Gator board with or without laminating available.
Matting and framing services are also provided and quoted per job.
- Q: How do I contact you?
A: You can reach us by Phone or Fax at (909) 882-8438, or you can E-mail us